_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Sunday, August 1, 2010

U should have joined me in church

I worshiped at Congregation of Zion Assembly (COZA) in Abuja today, and the service was my best in a long while!
Everything about the church was right for my perfect kind of service. Once my eyes get teary in a service, dat means d Spirit is flowing n I'm tuned into d rite frequency!
Beautiful moment of worship that was followed immediately by Pastor Biodun's teaching on Heaven on earth. It was rhema filled, brief n powerful scriptural references at d root of the eloquently delivered sermon. Friends, that service was for me!
It was clearly evident that I didn't spend an extra nite in Abuja by accident, God had it all planned out. Too many right things happened this morning uno. Tooooo many
1. Driving in into the street wher d church was, I saw my bro's friend
2. As I dropped off to say hi n we were doing lil catch-ups another friend of my brother drove past n we flagged him down. Now an Abuja big boy, so some xtra connectn 4 me
3. I got a word in church that has blown my head n mind out 4rm d moment d pastor read it in amplified version
"And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation)."
This is d scripture for the month!
So if u think I had a wonderful July, just keep reading!! Ure soon to conclude that July was a boring period in my life.
4. The welcome session we had with Pastor Bolaji left me with some classic marketing/PR lines. I can't wait to use em in a presentation.
5. A lady approached me after service n she went "I knw u from covenant...." N she hpnd to b sum1 I used 2 knw buh she was lookin completely diff, as in fresher n al n I did that 2min 'sell urself' thing
"I'm an author nw, abuja 1st timer, silverbird, FRCN, heading back to gidi 2day"
Then she requested 4 a copy of my book
6. I leave her to go get copies from d car n I ran into a dozen CU peeps!
Saw my Lola Adebiyi!!!! I was rly, I had no clue she was in town, she lookd more mature n al bt it was 2 short a time 4 catch ups
7. Returnin to sell d copy to Ada, she introduced me to 1 man n his family.....sold 6copies on d spot
D man I heard is anoda rich dude dt is into empowerment summits n bringin experts into d country. He begged us to help arrange a gathering of CU peeps in Abuja cos he's really impressed with what we r doing n all of that n he's ready to host CU peeps. My lagos me sha gave him my biz card!
I skip d other gists >>>>>>>>
Now I've realised that I'm now very powerful(lol....powerful sounds mega, I'm now properly skilled) in meeting people of differents levels and interests. Like I can comfortably handle conversations, get u confused if I want to, make u laff if I want to, n I've learnt hw to handle dumb conversations now cos I used to b on a strict intellectual diet b4
And I'm happy bout that sha ***BIG grin***

The summary of my Abuja visit is that I'm in love with that city and I see great prospects there, I mean see all I enjoyed in 5days!
The spotlight n d recognition and I'm somesort considering Abj for my NYSC uno....buh I'm drawn to las gidi cos its my 1st luv n las gidi is 4 d tough.
I feel its a small deal to make a name in Abj, I just need to hang around a lil longer n I'll blow up big time.
The fear of being a local champ makes me think If I make my name here in lag, I'm automatically made in Abuja so y nt stick to lag
But again why am I asking? Why nt stick to God n watch out for what He's up to
Welcome to August!
(I'm too lazy to proofread, accept al typos wit joy :-P)
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

No comments: