_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Monday, August 16, 2010

Dreams: Are u bothered at all?

Today was a most unusual day, it was one of those dream days come true.
I was up from Sunday night to the the early hours of this morning doing some research work, intensive studies and analysis of organisational structures, profiling companies, individuals, drivers of youth initiatives and all; In essence I was updating myself with relevant information on what successful people all around the world are up to.

I had tooooooooo much to learn.
I cant seem to explain where it came from, but in the last couple of weeks I've emerged with an insatiable thirst for knowledge and this is why I'm enjoying my life so much right now.

I'm beginning to thank God that I didn't get distracted by the opportunities to get a white collar job for these period in time before NYSC.

Friends, I've been thinking all day!! The poem in the previous post - fading stars - give a summary of the burden on my heart. Maintaining relevance is no joke, it is no joke at all and I'm glad that God has been opening my eyes to things and u know just as His word has said
"the path of the righteous is like a shining light that shines brighter and brighter until the perfect day"

I had this long interesting conversation with Funeh and we explored quite a lot of issues and
1. First thing we concluded on was that there's nothing we are going through right now that Papa didnt tell us about before hand; the ones he didnt say verbally, we learnt from him.
Check the records!

2. When I was asking questions on why we didn't start most of the successful things we are pulling off today way back before graduation he said something that very true, very relevant and very inspiring
"IT SEEMED TOO FAR FOR US TO BE BOTHERED"

Which is very true, and u know what... it is now that we are doing those things that we once dreamt of doing that we are now getting to realise that we could have started these things right at the moment when we conceived those ideas; There was nothing stopping us!

And this goes out to every dreamer out there.
When God gave out that dream He entrusted it in the hands of many others
Don't think u have all the time in the world
So u'll step out on the streets and see someone living ur dream
Dont wait for that silly thing they call "perfect time"
The time is now
Start now!

1 comment:

*Michael Onobote* said...

True talk man! Very true. The right time is now!