_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lessons from the Sea


I was out on Saturday on a boat cruise with friends and it was one of my best outings in a long time. 


I love picnics, I love populated parties and at the same time I have a thing for hangouts with 10, 12 friends; There's just this sense of warmth that comes when u actually realize that ure in a friend's inner circle. 
So we were celebrating a friend and we went on a cruise to some remote beach house where we chilled for hours. 




Too many things happened and I learnt too many lessons

I found myself hanging out with this pretty much energetic babe and I learnt one lesson the hard way
Water and make up are never friends. Don't ever try to bring them together!
This babe zapped energy out of me simply bcos I was kiddin with her and I splashed water on her face as we were chilling by the pool side....kó funny


God has a great sense of humour and the way He orders some things in this life is simply amazing!! Just a couple of days back I blogged about "Opportunity check: YES/NO"(click) where I talked about how I was going to give out 20mins of my book launch time but I cancelled out on it because I didn't feel right about it and it ended up being my best 20mins. 

Now God took this blog post further!
On Saturday I came across a certain man at the boat cruise, he's actually a body guard to one of my friends that was present at that outing. He's in the force (I ddnt ask which one exactly), a married man and father to two daughters.

The first thing he said to me after introducing himself was "you touched my life"
That opener gave me goosebumps as I stood waiting for him to gimme more details...that talk was deep and raw, it felt like the lyrics of 9ice's first album - those kinda lyrics that come out of pain.

What's the story?
He told me he was very hungry on the day of my launch and he had to go into the kitchen to cook, and just as the food got ready, my friend told him she had to rush out for my book launch. He said he was very angry but he had no choice, so he came along for the launch and he got a seat inside.

He said he was touched by the words that came out of my mouth during the question and answer session, he went on and on on how I was speaking to him....he needed those words at that hour. 
He told me by the time he got back home he had lost appetite for food; he was practically begging me not to get carried away with the affluent audience that I might be surrounded with and I should provide a platform for the kids in the slums to hear me talk; he said the future he's seeing ahead for me is just too mega in his words he said "I no know if u fit see am oh, but me I don see am.. u go soon become one biggggg man, u go get money, get everything"

In summary, he said too many things and he was beginning to sound like an angel. I had to check again if he was real!

This is my best so far, I've never had someone that has been that blessed by the words of my mouth giving me such a feeback.
So these days I keep begging God not to bring me across people I can't bless...my BBM is strictly inspiration, I strive daily to add to people and that is why I keep reading so I can unconsciously be a blessing.

I've said it before, that's the beauty of life: exuding success without making any conscious effort; my mentor would say "we are not faking it"

It's a value driven world, if u dont carry value u don't stand a chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very touching post.......