_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Bible says..


Through my journey in this Christian faith, I've never heard that audible voice that a couple of persons have been priviledged to hear, but u know I've had diverse revelations from the scriptures and I believe the Bible like no other thing in the world and it has kept me going.

A word came in church last Sunday from 2Cor9:8

KJV reads
"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work"

But it did look ordinary until I read the Amplified version, like almost immediately I put on this biggg grin
"And God is able to make all grace [every favor and earthly blessing] come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation]."
2Cor 9:8[AMP]

Imagine you read this everyday of your life as a growing child and you had Isa55:11 to back you up whenever you're in doubt
"So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it"
Isaa55:11 [AMP]

But again it's not too late to start believing His word. One of the greatest sermons I have ever heard on the bible is the shortest sermon I've ever heard on the bible, and what is it?
THE BIBLE IS THE ONLY ANCIENT BOOK THAT HAS THE SOLUTION TO MODERN DAY PROBLEMS

So when you are stuck in any area of life, what do you do? You search!
I can remember a point in time before my book launch that I was scared, I was doubting....I was fortunate to be in a fast as at that time so I went into the scriptures like a warrior reaching for the armoury, I needed to draw swords from the scriptures so I could be equipped for the fight of faith because faith tells me "this endeavour will be a success" but the traffic in lagos might stand as a stumbling block, so I draw out my sword and I slash it off; shortage of funds tells me I'm in soup, I pick another sword and I clear it off my way!
So I picked out 5 powerful scriptures and I coated it with Isa55:11 above, and I wrote them out in the journal in which I was recording progress report. There was almost no day I didnt read out those scriptures aloud and it paved way for me.

What I'm saying in essence is that THE WORD WORKS!

I saw as most unsual definition for Humility in Sunday school this morning and that word reaffirmed that believe that the Bible is a core business tool.
"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves."
Phil2:3 (NIV)
"Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves."
Phil2:3 (NLT)
"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves."
Phil2:3 (KJV)

So I thought it through and I said most of the world greats emerged out of a passion for others
Bill Gates wanted a computer on every desk
Henry Ford wanted all of mankind to enjoy the pleasure of driving a car
Henry J. Heinz wanted to save women the stress of grating radish
James Murray Wells, an English entrepreneur who owns and runs Glasses Direct which he started whilst a university student became a millionaire before graduation simply because he wanted offer the world affordable eye glasses
It's a commonly known business law that "the customer is king"
In essence, no one becomes great without having a heart that "esteems others better than one's self"........that's what the scripture says and its true!

Come thursday, I'm gonna be pouring my heart out on the youths in Apapa as I share two powerful word-based combinations with them. It will be available for download on the book website.


My question tonight is, what are you up to this week?
Are you sure you don't need that push from the scriptures????????

***Special shout out to Anna: I miss u!

1 comment:

Teewhy said...

Gracious rhema!

That scripture in 2 Cor 9:8 hit me years back and I have never recovered...

It hit at the tym when I was heading towards my 3rd faculty in Unilag. Recall that I had 6 academic sessions in Unilag and finished humbly as the 2nd best in a class of over 280 and missing 1st class by barely a quarter of a point!

Two things I CAN't be disillusioned about, That God's Word is as real as God and That God is Love...

I am truly inspired and renewed by these scriptures.. A solid way to start another prosperous week.

God Bless You!!!!!!