_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Are u thinking big?

One of the greatest asset I have in this life are the kind of friends I'm blessed with. I said it at my book launch that a day will come and I will wake up only to realise that most of the top guns in this country in various sectors are my childhood friends.

Covenant University left me with eternally relevant friends and day after day I keep thanking God for that...it's only a matter of time till we all take our rightful place at the top.

I hooked up with the C.E.O of House of Nushy today and that is why I'm saying these things, I guess. CU guys,babes are not smiling at all...day after day they keep raising the stakes


I learnt something yesterday from my eldest brother, and that lesson is as simple as "thinking big is not limited to the big dreams, it finds more relevance in our everyday decisions"

I've been having issues with the production of my book and its been troubling me for quite some time now, I realised that the binding of the book was terrible, quite a number of persons have had that complaint and it has been troubling me seriously....atimes I feel like I'm cheating people when they buy a book that is worth keeping for a lifetime and they don't get to keep it for more than a month and as we were in church on Sunday a big brother I respect so much came around me and my bro and he shared his thoughts with us on that matter and while he was speaking the solution jumped on me and I went eureka!

So yesterday I went to try out my imagined solution at some place where I print stuffs once in a while and the solution worked on the 2 copies I tried it on...so I went ahead to negotiate on what it will take to do the same stitching for 300copies of the book and the price was a bit on the high side considering how easy it was to do the stitching...but I was caught up in the aura of "I found a perfect solution"

On getting to my brother's office I told him about it and the moment I mentioned the figure, he asked me for what device they used in doing the stitching and he told me to go and buy that device!
U won't believe the device cost half of what those guys wanted me to pay for stitching 300copies!
Now, by buying that device I can stitch 1,000 copies at no extra cost!

This instance is just one of those many instances in which thinking big would have saved us a whole lot of stress.

Still on the book issue, I have resolved to recall every copy that has fallen pages and I would replace it with the stitched copy at no extra cost!
Just come around to Silverbird galleria on Saturday, 28th Auugust, 2010 and I will be glad to replace every damaged copy!

This decision will affect profit margin but will I now choose money over customer satisfaction?
I'm really excited about this solution because I feel pain in my heart when people have to use 'but's to describe my book...as in "Tolu, that's a great book BUT the binding is really weak"
Ayanma!! It's not fresh @ all

I appreciate God for the inspiration!

I will be on TV in two days from now and men, I'm really really anticipating that moment......don't stop praying for me guys

I appreciate all my audience and most especially all the new bloggers in town...I will find another day to recognise u guys properly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol! at ayanma! wow! im really impressed! you chose customers over money. God bless you........ i guess im the only anonymous person that comments on your blog so no need for introductionssss.