_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Sunday, August 15, 2010

On global relevance

I cant talk much tonight because there's really a lot to talk about.
I've been reading all evening long and doing some research because I have a hanging branding job to work on and its top on my TO-DOs for this week, so I just have to get rid of it.

I've been reading all sorts of stuffs
Mainly because I realised it is important to set standards, and by standards I mean standard standards. International standards are the best, global standards is what's up but unfortunately, growing up in this part of the world tends to put you at a disadvantage; Though ur Nigerian education/working experience might not have eqipped u well enuf, the internet provides the platform for one to check his/her global ratings.
I say it often times, that there's almost no successful Nigerian entrepreneur(check all those that speak to us at conferences and seminars) that doesn't have an educational background outside Nigeria...it's very rare to see any, they must have at least studied for one year outside Nigeria and I wonder what the enviroment outside Nigeria does to the business DNA.........these are some of the mysteries I want to unravel

This, I believe would be my fcous for the next couple of weeks...
I want to dig into biographies, backgrounds, company profiles, organisational structures with the ultimate aim of discovering what it takes to develop and sustain global relevance.

(I read one of the best articles I've ever seen on organisational structure here)

By virtue of a piece of information that my good friend, Funeh provided me with, I look forward to meeting with some industry professionals in the coming weeks as well.
These people are mostly approachable, they are not gods, most of them love young passion/mind/energy and that's the major advantage I have in drawing their attention, so I'm gonna make good use of it.


I pray that God will give me the drive to be consistent toward this cause as I wish u all a great week ahead!

"if you are not thinking, then you already stinking"

1 comment:

dew said...

Amen!!! keep leading Tolu!