_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Those little things...

This one's about the little things He does.....
I dedicated my last post to Jane bcos I felt she did sum pretty interesting and I really hope she starts blogging soon.

God is just WOW in his ways and funny enough, the things that move me most are those mini, micro, little things

I bought an ink catridge 4 my dad some weeks back, he opened it this morning, printed 4 pages and after that all other pages came out faded....FAKE INK!!

I was having my breakfast when dis happened and the next thing he did was to ask for the receipt!
Did I collect a receipt?
Where could I have kept it?
Am I gettin dis dose of early morning blames today?
Arrgghhhh!
Things of this nature mostly tend to kill my day!
I just told him I had it in my room

So I go up with no clue other than the fact that I had kept sumtn else in d nylon so it might b ther. So wit high xpectations I reach out for the nylon in d lower compartment of my wardrobe, opened em behold.....no receipt!
So I froze, thinking of where next to check
That bag? I already cleared d bag lst week
The shirt? I already washed it
As I thot of d trouser, I turned, anticipating it will be in d 2nd wardrobe......buh as I turned away from d 1st wardrobe, I noticed I was standing on a piece of paper all this while
What was it?
The receipt?
Yes oh!
And u know as I beamed with smiles I couldn't hold back a tear
As little as it sounds, it felt like a billion dollar moment.....it was like He had sent an angel down to place it there and save my productive day from a terrible start!

Summary is, it was a hug from the heavens!
It was a "Son, I love u" moment from me

"He will give his angels charge over us"
"He will send his angels lest thou dashest thy feet against the rocks"

He's always doing these little things just to say "Boy, I'm with you always"

Am I d only one that seems to take little things of this nature to what u might call 'the extreme'?
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

3 comments:

Harry said...

Nice one Tolu!

Patrinas Pencil said...

I just found you today from the NYC Lounge. I'm following you now. LOOK OUT :) Excited to read more about you. Congratulations on your achievements. You are a fine example of our endless capabilities - through God.

This post was so funny and so BIG for God. I'm pleased to meet another soul that finds the lovely moments when God comes down and just hugs us because we need a hug. I usually ask HIM to help me find whatever I am looking for - and that's when He just drops in and places it there where I maybe have even looked before. He just waits to fill our days with His Presence.

Thank you for sharing this. I love it!

God bless

Patrina <")>><

Tolulope Akanni said...

I'm pretty excited you found me, ur comment on my El Fiz blog inspired me to write my latest post on this blog

Thanks a lot!