_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Eagles in their 50s

EAGLES IN THEIR 50s
....a teaching on Pain, discovery and synergy


50days ago I was dressed in my academic gown because it was my graduation
50days later I wear the gown no more because I'm a graduate

"Your certificate does not guarantee u a life"
"It is not by what u made out of school, it's all about what u make out of life"
"20 friends can never play together for 20years, in 20years they will be in 20 different places"
"U are the future of this generation, if this generation should miss it, it is over for this nation"
"Spirituality is the key to long lasting prosperity"
"It doesn't have to be White to be right"
.......were d words that moulded us through the years. 


Can I start by asking u how far?
50 days since graduation, how far?


_________________________________________________

Myself and Michael decided to put up something special to commemorate our 50days after grad.
Check out an exclusive interview on the 'Mike's frequecny' blog here

___________________________________________________ 

In the last 50days I've seen life in its ever changing form, I've experienced pain, I've touched gain, I've been angered, I've celebrated, I've cried, I've had celebrations, I've even be celebrated.....and the summary of this is that I've been enjoying life!
God has done too many things to prove himself over and over again. 

Most times I write with the belief that my audience already know that Christ is foundational to every one of our endeavours. So I'll share just 3 things that will add value to u this hour. 


PAIN
The best thing that can happen to u in life is for u to experience pain. Pain is inevitable in life. Forget what any magician must have told u, the only times u don't see/feel pain are the times u don't look in their direction. 

If it is not within, then it is without; the only difference is that when it is on the outside, it translates into compassion within. 

Pain will u make u think
Pain will condition u to find a way out
I feel pain each time I come across another ignorant fellow and I go "Lord, how will this person see the light"
I feel pain when I see persons who have the potential to the global giants choosing the easy way out.
I feel pain when I need to go out and I have to do Danfo again
I feel pain everyday
But I'm not complaining, nothing motivates better than pain.   

I wish there was a scale for measuring passion; I would have presented my test results to u guys. The pain I feel makes me crave for success on a daily basis as though I've been a failure all lifelong....every fibre of my being is consistently craving for success day and night. 
Let ur pain take u places, appreciate pain.


DISCOVERY
Pain inspires u to create a solution, and no effective solution is birth forth without an intensive quest to discover the relevant information. In other words... the right information - if discovered - will take u to heights!

And what do u need to discover?
There's a need to discover the right standards
Funeh made me realise something mega:
They say "it doesn't have to be white to be right"
But I hope u realise that this statement implies that 'white is always right'???
It implies that 'white is the standard'
Have u been updating urself with global standards at all? Hate it or love it, those guys are pulling off fantastic stuffs on a daily basis; Don’t limit urself to the definition of success in ur immediate environment seek to discover the generally acceptable definition of success while u see to it that u attain greatness.



SYNERGY
It's time for us to inspire ourselves.
Let’s do great things together, let’s build initiatives together, let's build NGOs together and let’s raise fortune 400 companies together. I would be zero today if not because of the friends God brought my way in CU...zero and I mean zero!

Strategic partnership is needed at every point in time if we must cram up in 1year what took the generation before us 10years to achieve. 
Mind u, strategic partnership involves knowing who to partner with, how long to partner with them. 



But first, work on urself; if people don't perceive u as valuable they won't approach u for anything of value.




In closing I say "if u can think, what u have is enough to make ur dreams come true"





Tolu Fiz Akanee
| Thought | Written | Spoken |  

No comments: