_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Friday, August 13, 2010

Moving beyond the 40th day...

It's been 40days and u guys are still reading!
I love you all
________________________________________
I had a fantastic outing speaking to the youths in Apapa yesterday
But there was one stone I left unturned, I don't know if that's how they see it though...just speaking from my point of view
I didn't leave room for continuity....looking back I don't exactly know how to explain this better other than to say I feel like a preacher as opposed to being a pastor
*Preacher - One who preaches, especially one who publicly proclaims the gospel for an occupation.
*Pastor - A Christian minister or priest having spiritual charge over a congregation or other group
While a preacher might just visit ur church and bless u tremendously on one Sunday. Ur pastor is there for you every Sunday, he's there for you all week long.
I still can't tell if that exactly describes the picture I'm trying to paint to you guys

The morale of the experience is that when you reach out to people, very few get it on the spot, and even the few want to like have more of you without coming directly to say "I want more of your sturvs"
Always keep the doors open to them

I should have told them I blog here everyday
I should have sent copies of my book down at least a day before my speech
And even though I missed that, I didn't even encourage them to buy my book in the course of my teaching.

However the best thing I did to myself yesterday was to record the audio of my speech, and I think the best thing I did for them was to split have of my alloted time for Q&A, I had fun listening to it and that got me thinking over that idea of podcasts once again and I think that should be one of the things that will come with the next level.

Daily blogging has done unimaginable things to fuel the romance between my thoughts and my pen, and I think it's time for my lips to come in as a second wife.

God laid a word in my heart this morning, a powerful one
"It is easier to get something out of people when it is OUR thing than it is when it is MY thing; Too many people are scared to stand on their own"

I don't want u to look at that statement from the 'two-is-better-than-one' perspective, look at the business side of it. Through this revelation I will make millions but right now I don't how exactly I'm going to apply this.
It will be my greatest joy if it makes sense to you and it inspires you to make yours even earlier than I make mine.

All I'm thoughts right now are directed toward THE NEXT LEVEL
I had so much fun speaking yesterday that I have decided I will speak in at least 40 schools before the end of my NYSC

All I'm thinking about right now is THE NEXT LEVEL
I'm like...What is God up to again?
I guess the reason why I'm having so much fun right now is because I have no plans for this period of my life....my plan is as simple as "anywhere He leads I follow"
I want to see you have fun with your life too....calm down on those plans, let go and let God.
Let go
And let God

3 comments:

*Michael Onobote* said...

*laughs* "make your lips come in as a second wife" -like that line. Hope you're able to balance the attention from both wives. Keep it going man.

Daniella Noafa said...

good job, keep shining 4 God's glory. i pray dat d fire burning in u wd not go out but wd b further ignited by the Holy Spirit.

Tolulope Akanni said...

Mikey, I jst wanted to sound like Alder o..

I say Amen to ur prayers, Daniella....never knew u followed my blog **dancing**