_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Monday, August 16, 2010

Fading stars...

I don't wanna be that one show performer

This year
They are the best
The next
They are no where to be found

Don't wanna get carried away by d cheap publicity
No distractions from the early bloom
Unmoved by the cheers and jeers
Deaf to their applause

I don't wanna go up
Only to come down again
Wanna be up
And stay true to the top

Wanna remain evergreen growin in purpose

Don't wanna be that guy that WAS
Was a star
Was fulll of potentials
Don't wanna be another fallen star

I wanna be leave a legacy
I wanna live a legacy
I wanna be a legacy
I wanna die a legacy

With my footprints
Stamped in the sands of time
With my name n fame
Reaching the sky line

I wanna be that guy
That inspires
Who inspired
And is ever an inspiration

I wanna be that guy
That the kids of my time look up to
Who the made looked up to
And is ever a model

I wanna lead people to that land
The land they always crave for
My very own birthplace
The inner chambers of success and fulfilment

I'm ready to pay the price
So I wake up each morning
Wondering how best to pay my dues
I wake to sow my best

I don't know how much time I've got
But He's asked me to do a lot
I can't afford to disappoint
I must hit the mark

I wanna go up to see my Dad someday
The one who lives in the heavens
While I say to this earth of vanity
With a smile and a deep sense of fulfilment
Veni vidi vici
I came
I saw
I conquered


Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

1 comment:

Myne said...

Don't wanna be that guy that WAS
Was a star
Was fulll of potentials
Don't wanna be another fallen star

____

You're just speaking my mind.

Amen o!