_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Too blessed to be stranded

When I got to the airport today and my 12:40 flight became impossible and I had to reschedule with extra 4k involved, I just said "God what r u up to? I'm too blessed to be stranded!"

I thought about d fun lined up for me in Lagos
O's surprise beach paree
The charity outing with Skye high guys
O's dinner @ Oriental hotel
Plans, movement....arrrgggghhhh!!!
I was furious!

The only reasonable option Virgin left me with was 4 me to move 2mrw!
What does an extra day in Abuja mean?
Extra sales? Paparazi? Fun? What? What what???

I picked another flight and I left d airport. All along I was already having d radio interview I was spsd 2 hv been scheduled for 2day if nt 4 my early departure; so I called the FRCN reporter that approached me after yday's programme and she was excited to hear that I had rescheduled my flight, she called me back in like 20mins and I was up for 9pm on FRCN Kapital FM, 92.9 FM Abuja.

First time on radio was good; I was live on a particular radio show and after that I did a recording for a monday morning show. Double blessings uhn?
There was this UK based presenter that couldn't hold it back, she was too impressed with what I was up to, she practically vowed to talk about me n my book everytime she's on air, in board meetings n she has begged me to come back to Abuja soonest. The reporter I met earlier made me understand that shez nt normally lik dat, so I shldnt see it as lyrics, she was like "dis 1 she luvs u lik dis"
N in my mind I was lik "Jesus na wa oh"

Had my 1st meal @ 11:40pm @ a friends house. I was to angry n later too anxious n then to angry to feel hunger. Late nights in dis city ehn. As in we were ther till it was almost 1am n evry1 was very comfy, up n alert.

Back to gidi 2mrw
Worshipping in some high class church here - COZA
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

No comments: