_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Another blessed Sunday

This daily blogging affair just feels fun!
As in u just feel like a preacher that must have something to bless his audience every Sunday, who must have that right word of inspiration whenever a member of the congregation calls for help midweek.
So wha do I have to share today?

I appreciate the giver of life for yet another amazing Sunday
I've waited for this week all life long!
I love exposure, I fancy it a lot and it pains me when I remember I really don't have a great deal of it. I've been stuck to Lagos all life long....I've not been outta Lagos for more than 6times I think, and it has been mostly 2-day-trips or weekends....dont blame me oh. My father doesn't just believe in it.
The fact that I'm not really exposed deprives me of some things I think..
Cos atimes I just imagine how much I would have learned exploring different countries, cultures and races....this desire might just lead to giving studying for masters abroad a serious thought...don't get me twisted with this point I'm about to make, but really almost all if not all the successful Nigerians I know all have history outside Nigeria...like at least 3years of residency outside Naija....why?

I don't want to think about what's next jare....God will do what He has planned out!

So I'm really excited about the networks I'll be establishing in Abuja this week.
One week is too much for God to turn one's life around.
1 hour is too much sef.
I asked myself my all time favourite question again sometime today - the question of "what can I become?"
What can God make out of my life this week?
Really what can God make out of my life this week??
I thought of toooooo many things....everything can be summed up into Success

I need to cut down on Facebook....it's time to quit addiction
I'm on a knowledge crave because from yday's seminar I just felt like an olodo,  there are millions of new sturvs to learn on the internet, why waste such precious time chatting and viewing pictures....hisssssss
With what I'm planning now, I'm looking at the 'famous, successful motivational speaker' swag
Just go online n put up
"I thank God for the meeting with Gov. Fashola...He's a great God"
"Tune in to Inspiration F.M 6pm evening, I'll be on XYZ show"
and u know, just upload one or two endorsement pictures
"Read my latest note..SUCCESS: E FIT BE U OH"

I think I'm due to switch to this mode jare.
Success in life is a choice....when u want to be excellent u have to quit mediocrity totally, don't explore two worlds...it's waste of time, total waste of time!

A couple of months back I read Malcom Gladwell's 2nd book...BLINK and just like his 1st - Tipping point - the principles were very practical and I had a lot to learn, as in a lot to learn and I'm happy I came across that book.
But in recent terms, I've discovered that I still find it hard to live the principles that the book teaches...I still have issues making snap decisions. I find it hard to let go, that over-analysis thing and trust me, it has killed things...important things. I urgently need to outgrow the overanalysis thing...funny enuf ehn, the saying "overanalysis leads to paralysis" is scriptural. The bible puts it as "be careful for nothing..."
ermmmm....is ther a link??? Nyz, that's how I see it sha

Btw, lemme mention it at this point that if you don't write daily...ure missing out!
In a matter of days now I will outgrow this blog to focus on my website A-Z LIFE LESSONS: THE SERIES
The concept is really interesting and within a couple of days I will give u guys the full gist.

I think I need more certificates in my file, papers are meant to be filed rite? while we live out the practical knowledge that we draw from the process of acquisition.
It's time for a 9-5 occupation.
I've been studying materials on branding all day...taking maximum advantage of my 'august' (temporary) knowledge thirst

2 comments:

dew said...

as for me...I still believe..and in fact know that you have a great and interesting life!!!!!

Tolulope Akanni said...

Awww...thanks!