_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Monday, July 19, 2010

U dont have to read this...it's called self talk

There's no moment better than a moment of self talk
It's always a great moment of undiltued truth
So I hope u have a fun ride readin my self talk

Since saturday I've been talking about getting more serious with life and all, improving my sense of focus in general cos I really have so much to do in limited time.
I'm glad I've made some good moves on my book sales... though I keep running into the middleman - which is something I don't enjoy - buh I guess protocols cant always be jumped and in everything that happens, God has a reason for it.

For the first time as a graduate, I really sat down to talk to God this morning. Moment of worship, prayer, I went into the scriptures to sharpen my sword...u know some incomplete verses just ring in my head during prayers and I always like to check them out afterward to avoid quoting crap in His presence next time.
I know God loves me, I'm just his special breed...all of these good things that happen on a daily basis ehn..it can happen to anybody, it could have skipped me buh he keeps shining His favour on me, n I have to keep d relationship fresh so I don't run dry.

My bus ride to Ikeja today was annoying, it got me thinking and it got me asking so many questions...so many questions that my keyboard could feel it kilometres away cos as I speak to u now the "question mark" key on my keyboard aint workin.
The commercial bus was hell, I felt like the bus was gonna tear apart before the end of the journey and I started asking the "why" questions again....asking if commercial buses after graduation was still a part of the dream...buh I resolved to not ask questions but rather offer solutions so I started thinkin..how soon can I buy my own car...wher wil d money come from and al of those things

I've made 2 mistakes since I became a graduate...2 mistakes...not SIN mistakes o...b4 ur imaginations start travelling...buh business mistakes so to speak and the thought of it annoys me buh again I'm grateful to God I realised them.

I learnt 2 things out of that:
Short-cuts cut your success short i.e never ever hurt due process
Never underestimate urself at any point in time

Today again, I finally kicked off reading!!
I started with "Tough times never last but tough people do"
I need to read more...I really should because the underlying benefits are countless. Robert Schuller was definitely on point as at the time he published this best seller.

Now I've started readin..wil I continue?

******just lik any other self talk..I got interrupted****

c ya 2mrw!

1 comment:

dew said...

I was inspired....still being inspired too.