_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Friday, July 16, 2010

Thisday, Tosyn, W n STV


Oh my God! It's 6:50am already...argghhhh..How can the nite end so early?
I have to be out of this house by 8am...I've not even ironed my shirt!
what am I gonna wear? Regular Lagos friday trad? ermmm...d white 1?
Wait oh..is it actually raining?

So I reach for my box (still hvnt unpacked!) pick my caked starched white Thomas Pink shirt telling myself d rain wnt kill my choice of white this mornin...oh, I almst 4got...lemme jst take out my sweater cos I hv to play safe!

6:55 I'm ironing with energy...I 'over-starched' this shirt oh!
7:03..PHCN doin wat they knw hw to do best ..ope oh...I had jst one sleeve left unironed and I was able to cover that before the iron lost all of it's heat!

I dont know what I did with time..I ddnt eat breakfast...I ddnt brush...I did brush...I took my bath...dunno dunno...8:00am I still wasnt ready!

8:15am..left d house under the rain without an umbrella
9:00am hooked up wit Funeh...had to go 2 his house cos it wasnt goin to be my regular Danfo day since we were heading toward d same direction.
His aunty was already waitin 4 me...I signed my 1st autograph of d day........n she requested for a picture shot with the author
9:30am.....off to d island

11:00am. 
Arrival
Location: City Hall
Purpose: Creativity fair
Any hitches?: Flat tire!!
Any further hitches?: calm down....
We got to the entrance and even though we still weren't so convinced that the 2k was gonna be worth it, we decided to swipe our ATM cards n jst dash them d 2k like that...my ATM dulled, so Funeh tried his...he was on that wen Ada called to apologise for her lateness that she wil join me @ d galleria soon for our 12noon interview appointment!
"but u didnt reply my txt nw!" 
"yes, I did" she replied
Ooooo...we jst had 2 free creativity fair.
In the main time, we ran into the CEO of B.L.I.N.G. (d guys behind d "Maga no need pay" video n campaign)
CU's reflections' Baba was also around....BABA is d one behind COOL2VOTE...I gave him a copy of my book...2nd autograph of d day writing "don't leave me behind o"
I was really happy for them..yaayyyy CU!!!

12:45
Arrival
Location: Silverbird galleria
Purpose: Thisday youth editor - Ada Sonia interview with Tolu Akanni
Any hitches? Interviewer absent + Interviewer's phone switched off!!
After 20mins chillin...we left to attend to other issues
Straight to the banks 2 run errands 4 popc

2:00 she calls to announce her arrival
2:20 I head for galleria...had 2 bike down under the dark clouds...it wasnt spsd 2 b a biking day!!!!! 
2:30 I arrive galleria under the rain..which started jst 2mins before then.

Thisday interview
Reaction: Fun, Fun, Fun + iLike
Ada was fun to be with...I really enjoyed myself, and we must have spent another 1hr after d interview ended gisting.
I dunno if I'm allowed to disclose age o..but really I'm amazed at her achievements! She's just a year younger than myself and she's been editor of Thisday Youth for over a year and a half...smart, intelligent fine girl. I had fun!

Meanwhile, she put it on twitter that she was interviewing me and Tosyn Bucknor replies tellin her to say hi to me and nice shirt!
Awww..Tosyn Bucknor!!! Where did she see me??? This Lagos sef...so my 'rocky-starched' white Thomas Pink shirt on a rainy day that gt stained somehow wasnt a bad pick for the day @ all....I'l mk sure my nxt Jerymn pick is a Pink!

I really want to have a date with Tosyn Bucknor oh...God will fix me up soon

4:00...still with Ada, my friends call that they are coming down to pick me so we go down to Debonairs 4 lunch, seeing no need for that considering the terrible traffic..I told them not to bother since I cld jst bike down to Debonairs from the closeby Galleria where I was, and thank God I did that.

Gettin to Debonairs they were there already and first thing they told me was "we came with a friend. Banky W!" 
feeling left out I approach him straight up to have a conversation with him
**I tap him slightly**
W: Hi, I'm Banky....can I meet u?
me: gv him al the oyinbo oyinbo...I follow ur blog n al..nice one man!
W: o..true, I've not even blogged in a while uno.
**I introduced myself as an author and I quickly opened my briefcase to bring out a copy for him...sincerely I was gonna give him a free copy
W: wow...ure an author. How much is it?
me: #1,500 (I've never sold it at that price tho...only galleria sells my book @ #1,500)
W: u knw u shld give me 4 free..buh just chill, lemme pay 4 my pizza
and that was how gist started oh...n he actually paid d #1,500
summary was we had fun with the guy

WE = Ehi, Demola, Obioma, Funeh n myself

The funny twist about the W experience was that, my friends had not even met him until I got there oh...they were still contemplating on how to approach him.
This reminds me on a principle I love so much that says
OVERANALYSIS ALWAYS LEADS TO PARALYSIS
check it! when u analyse a particular thing extensively...just forget about achieving that particular thing...u'l just mess it up that is even if u end up giving it an attempt at all.

Be spontaneous, this is the whole essence of today....this is all this post ure readin is out to add to u, spontaneity!
U have nothing to lose...have fun, don't get so uptight, loosen and give ur life a chance to enjoy life.



In no time we had pictures of W all over BBM n Facebook and all notifications started rolling on...PINGs...n we were just feeling ourselves.




Debonairs - Le Meriden - Silverbird galleria again

We played PS3....I won 1 game, lost 1...mschewwww. I left there the same

Modupe, forgive me of all my sins!

The dulling part of today was that I didnt get to see that babe...Simi n Enifo, keep asking oh!

The drive back home was annoying...Funeh, we don wreck that ride today oh!

I later got a call that I was spotted on TV again...Bookjam with John Maxwell footage.

I promised I was gonna talk about something in that my last post...u guys might have to chill 4 d next...dis 1 is long enuf alrdy

7 comments:

dew said...

reading this...smiling that great things are happening!...and yep...Word!!! (the -lysis thing)

Harry said...

Yah!!

NakedSha said...

One productive day sha

philip said...

lov dis..gud stuff!

Myne said...

Yes o, overanalysis does lead to paralysis..

Tolulope Akanni said...

that's lik d only line I remember Pastor Ntia for

Tolulope Akanni said...

@ Naked sha...dats sum nice conclusin :-)