_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

John C. Maxwell

I'm just gonna cry as I celebrate the goodness of God.
Great marvellous stuffs happening too cheaply.
John C. Maxwell!!!!

Lemme give a re-cap of the day.
We set out of home (me n my parents) like 12:30 for the 3pm event hoping to get to galleria for 2pm.
So we get down from the 3rd mainland bridge lik 2:05 n there was this sick traffic, so I had to come off òyé (AC) to pick a bike so I could get to the venue early. I got there and there was none of my books on the stands...I was furious!! Where are my books???

Lol...soon d picture got clearer and we found out my book wasn't delivered to the store. We got that settled with and other piricing issues came up and all of that crap...

After so much tips, advice and all of those things that could get u tensed up from my folks...
Then the event started with the 20-30 guests already sitted in the 100seater venue!
Was a bit tensed as the programme started cause I was trying to wash off all of the rules and be myself. Rules suck! Norms stick!

With frequent SMS, pings n buzzing from friends who were present and d ones tryin to get to d venue. The confidence just jumped on me as I said to myself "Tolu, the world is watching!!"

In no time, I was introduced as the 2nd author.
I chose not to say too much about myself and the book and I moved on to my book reading cos I knew d comments would still come.
Networking was the first chapter I read...motivation first!
Before I then treated them to a good laugh as I read TIREDs...pretty hilarious n factual piece, so they had no choice other than to laugh uncontrollably.

As soon as I was done reading, many hands went up looking ready to pounce on me with questions.
1st person goes "..nt really a question, just an encouragement. Great job"
Same for the 2nd, then the 3rd person had a question...just d kind of question I anticipated. Like 3 more persons asked questions and I could feel myself impressing them with powerful responses!

Then d 3rd speaker spoke.

Blogsville's Harry was also on point with his 'Poetically speaking' presentation. Yayyyy!!! Harry!

We waited and waited for John Maxwell to come oh...no show!
So we had to do another round of book readings in which I read.
Of Good deeds and gratitude (soft, emotional piece)
& Gidi Times: A-Z of Lagos...which again got them laffin endlessly!

6:30. John C. Maxwell arrives.
Body guards, cameras n al of d paparazzi...
He talked for about 3mins before throwing d floor open to questions. With a couple of repetitive questions from the audience, I decided to shine with my own question as I raised my hand up from d high table. Yes oh...high table with John C. Maxwell!!

So I go

"Good evening, I'm Tolu Akanni and I just graduated from the university 2weeks ago, and it might interest u 2 knw that in d univeristy I finished from - Covenant University, we read ur book every semester, so I'm a direct product of ur influence.

And he goes "oh! That's a great school"

At 21, I just published my first book which i'ld like to give to an autographed copy. What challenge did u face after u wrote ur 1st book?
***so I present the book to him**

He looks thru d book
"u wrote this? Thank you! I'll read the book as I fly to *** and make sure I quote this particular book in my next book"

John C. Maxwell, quote Tolu Akanni's A-Z life lessons in his next bestseller???
Thank u Jesus!!!

At the end of the programme, he asked for Covenant University guys to come have a group photo with him! Cos as d autographs were being signed peeps just kept on saying "I'm also in Covenant University"

It was indeed our day!

God is taking us places and this is just the beginning!

Covenant University's Aniekan was MC...beautiful job!! He's just a great guy, completely natural for him and I'm really happy for him cause I know he only just started!!

I got a free pass to the John C. Maxwell leadership seminar tomorrow. Ticket sells for 25k, so no be beans!

Gov Fashola is the chief host, lets see if he will get an autographed copy of A-Z Life lessons.

U guys should thank God for me oh.

14 comments:

bonnie said...

:)..Thank God Tolu.. dis is just the beginning God has greater plans for you..x

Myne said...

Congrats o, and thank God.Bigger things are on the way

NakedSha said...

Cannot stop thanking God for you.

Anonymous said...

Tolulope, God hasnt started with you yet.............. Please dont get deceived by all what you see now.

Anonymous said...

Tolu, this is just the beginning. I'm so glad for you and the fact that God has given you these opportunities that it moves me to tears just thinking about everything. I pray that you won't let him down and that you will shine with His glory like never before, beckoning on the world to come see the Man who makes all things beautiful.
Much love. God bless you!

Tolulope Akanni said...

Simi, ur words carry depth n I hold it dear to my heart. I will rmbr dat al thru dis journey.

U guys, thanks oh! I'm having goose bumps replyin these...thanks again!

gokside said...

ma guy don blow. congrats again blood. see @ d top.

Anonymous said...

My lips were totally stretched out with smiles and occasional giggles and my skin was filled with goosebumps as I read your account of the day!

I don't want to state the obvious by saying what everyone else has been saying...

I love the way you carry Covenant University along in all of your achievements. You are a great challenge and inspiration to us all! We cannot but aspire to make it big...

This is the dream!!

adeoluwa said...

nice one. how i wish i could have been there.

Tolulope Akanni said...

thanks again guys!

dew said...

congrats Tolu!!! n this is just the pre-intro!!! watch out...GOD bless u!

Unknown said...

Bruv, Im so proud of u! This is just the tip of the iceberg!!! Keep it up! Thumbs and toes up!

Anonymous said...

Everywhere I turn, success.
It's a great achievement, young sir.
:)

Tolulope Akanni said...

aburo mi, thanks!