_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Saturday, July 24, 2010

So I actually didn't blog yesterday???

How I did I skip blogging yesterday?
How could I have done that on a day that I had so much to write about
I could have talked about how I took NO for an answer and I didnt read meaning to it until someone brought it to my notice!

I could have talked about the surprise birthday visit
I could have talked about the fun moments at her birthday paree
I could have talked about the alcoholic offers
The crazy poster I came across in the bus



I could have talked about the singles summit in Daystar and how I did not really feel the repititive relationship talks
I could have blogged about one of the most inspiring chats I've had in a long while.... "once-in-a-year incidence" like I told her...great wonderful business savvy...really a healthy relationship to maintain. Thumbs up to you- O!
I could have come up here to discuss all of these things in full but for the distractions I was welcomed with as I came online yday...as if it was planned
Like 5 different people telling me I stop calling them, no special holla n al of those "bcos ure nw a celebrity" talk
I was just sad....settling this one, settling that one....by the time I was done, blogging was out of it.. I just had to crash!

So today started on a great note
I just freed Daystar and the proposed Daystar sales cause Harry invited me for another programme and my intuition was just leading me along that line...my spirit was moving me there, so I moved!
And it was indeed a great move
The programme was fantastic, like I had too much to learn, the concept of the programme was like TED...successful folks coming around to share their stories and the theme of their talk was "stumbling blocks on the road to success"

We had Uche Eze, C.E.O of Bella Naija
she endorsed my book as well...pic nt so clear....urrrgghhh



One Uche  guy, head of marketing for Glo

Another young Tolu guy, C.E.O. of YPM
Then a writer, Tosin was the one talking when I got in so I didnt get to hear her profile
I had toooooo much to learn, u know these days I get tired of seminars cos they tend to be repetitive, every speaker paraphrasing the same script....so it makes sense when they tell their stories.....the talk gets more inspiring when u reveal ur down moments and that was what made it fun.
It's the first edition....some very coded P for those in the creativity industry, I still cant tell how Harry go to hear about it sha, but I'm glad I made it.


Now, the GLO guy was the one that really blessed me. Me n Hauwa were up talking about the issue I was having with a couple of persons saying I had neglected them and all of that and how such things could be distracting and all....coming online to quickly do something creative and then someone buzzes u and then u go into this loooong career talk n at the end of d day u 4get y ure online and u knw, d Uche guy talked about this same issue and he really helped me in finding my way out, I'm simply gonna do the same thing he does...that principle just makes sense!
Uche discussed extensively on how networking has transformed his life and really he was particular about Abuja....is God telling me something?


By the time the programme ended...S - d celebrant was already panicking, I was organising her birthday paree for her and I had not shown physically....even though the phone calls were clicking rite and things were moving..she just had to see me.
I made it there...1004 estate (yes oh! 1004 estate has been reopened!!!)
On to palms to buy the drinks with Ope


Dropped d drinks @ d venue and left wit Ope to the Akinfemiwa's 4 lunch...love of food....lol
On to Skye high reunion....board games....30 seconds.....1st time I was seeing the game though, but it makes sense....an affair for the intellectual...

left d reunion n went back to the party




u might wanna check out the guys they are staging me up with in Silverbird Abuja on Friday here

No comments: