_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Friday, July 2, 2010

I: Commencement

I'm pleased to start this chronicles on the best day of my life. Yesterday I slept as an undergraduate, but today I sleep as a graduate.
5years in Covenant University is finally over.
Bachelors in Engineering
Second class honours (upper division)
It looked like it was gonna be longer than this when we tried to picture this end way back on October 17, 2010 when we started this journey, but see what God has done....look at where we are now, see how the heavens are smiling on us, see how the earth is rejoicing with us, family and friends pretty excited, and for us the centre of attraction: our joy knows no bounds!
Many started the race, but only the chosen made it to the end.

After a convocation ceremony that lasted about 7hours, I finally made my way out of the not-so-comfortable auditorium, I must have produced litres of sweat today, that convocation gown is no beans at all, but since it's a once in a lifetime event I really can't shout!!!

At around 3:30pm, I hooked up with my parents, and behold!!!!!!!!
I got to hold a copy of the mass print edition of my book in my hands, and as I flipped through the pages with a leap of joy in my heart I rejoicingly said to myself- DREAMS COME TRUE!!

I'm way excited that I'm leaving a dream!

The target was to sell 200copies this weekend and as of now, sales count has hit a 100 already!
Those that were buying it were buying with excitement, that's the dream of every sales man - to give the customer value for their money.
God bless the parents that launched the book. I was glowing with joy when a father launched my book with #10,000. Quite a number of other parents were really generous....all of those things just made my day!!

The next couple of days with me filled with testimonies,
Don't stop reading
Stay connected!

No comments: