_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Saturday, July 10, 2010

The book launch from my own stand point!




The launch

Months of dreaming
Months of planning
Of strategy and of implementation
Of provision and of improvision finally came to an end
All of that crammed into 120minutes
Just 120minutes?
As in 2hours?
Yea! 
2hours of fun
I didn't want it to end
We did a bit of African time ish as we started 6:15. The programme had barely started and I was still checking up on one or two logistics when I heard "now we welcome Tolu Akanni to give his welcome address". The hall was alrady half filled then. It was too sudden for me to feel tensed, so I went up and I did the welcome address as pre-planned. The lyrics for that one came while I was in the Danfo on my way back home from school 2days ago (me n my priceless Danfo moments).
My welcome remarks was followed by the book presentation anchored by my brother - being the one who wrote the foreword of the book. 


Soon we had Harry coming up to do Poetically speaking. Beautiful piece by the owner of the Nigerian Poetry blog of the year. 



I was soon brought back up to do the first book reading from the 1st chapter of the book- Chapter A: ON EXPRESSION. Seeing that the hall was still two-thirds filled I just decided to read Chapter D as well - NETWORKING. There was a message in that chapter which I was quite confident was going to add to someone in the audience, and I'm sure it did at the end of the day.  


My book reading was followed by a song presentation by Ese Peters...beautiful piece on love. He's quite good with the guitar and the strings did bring the song to life. ...watch the video here

Ese's piece was followed by Seye's dramatic poem...he did some stunt with #20 note..really fantastic presentation.. God bless him big time! (he's promised to design a website for the book...so u guys will be seeing that soon)


Then came the main moment of the day - the lauching. My brother anchored this and he had barely spent 3minutes introducing the order of the launch when I decided to toast/excite the audience a lil bit before they drop their envelopes...I started talking and before I knew I lost it!...I was just talking and talking and of cos talking relevant, spitting all of the sense I had in me....making them understand the vision of the book, d motivation and all of that and what value the book has out there...it was some 5-10mins of self marketing!!!
The launch went on well and by then Tosyn Bucknor was already in the building!

Tosyn read CHURCH BOIS by Omoge Black and it was simply fantastic! Her delivery was madddddddddddd...she being an on-air personality u would xpect her book readin to be the maddest and yea...she did justice to it!

Then Ese Peters had a second presentation...another lovely song

Ooops!! I cant believe I've not mentioned the lovely MCs so far
The best combo ever
Aniekan 6"4 towering high over Dami 5"7...humorous and their delivery was professional mehn...they didnt over do it and they just had this way of keeping the ambience alive. I cant think of anyone that would have done it any better!

Seye Ogunlesi of Terra Kulture read the piece Alákádá from my old blog - 100days @ d lobby....yet another humorous piece and Seye being the fresh boy that he is now...his accent n all kept us alive readin the piece to our listening pleasure

Then Gbonju came and read another chapter of the book - LOST

Then Orode came and read BLACK. There was just something captivating about her outfit, her fashion statement was on point!!...I no be fashion person oh...so I dont know wha they call it...but the ash + red combo was on point men....and if u were ther 2 c her in person...u go bow!

I did the last book reading from my favourite Chapter T - GIDI TIMES. That's the A-Z of LAS GIDI piece. The audience was laughing all the way!

Then it came to time for remarks/Q&A...and nobody wanted to talk oh!
Ok, my dad was forced to talk and then that was all...they called me up to do the Vote of thanks. @ 8:00pm
Since I was anticipating the event will end 8:30pm and it was already itching me to talk all day just like the MCs have been doing. I went back to the Q&A session oh...and I was begging for questions...can u imagine? When they didnt want me to feel important...I had to force them

Then Tosyn Bucknor led the way "what inspired u to write this book?"
I spend quality time answering her
Another question came from Gbonju..I think.....ermmm...can't remember what it was anymore but I also did justice to that
Then a major question came from fresh smart dude, Leke (Omoge Black's representative)...he was basically encouraging me to look for like minds to run this vision with, and that was how I burst forth promoting brands for the next 10minutes.
I was quick to let him know that A-Z Life lessons is not a Tolu Akanni production, that the brains behind it plentyyyy gannnnn....so I just incorporated the brand promotion thing we were planning to do
Ok...Gbonju's question was on "wat next?" and the El Fiz Concept vision took care of that.

So on the brand promotion..I recognised all of my friends' brands and I let people understand that they are brands driven by young minds and I'm also appreciating them all here again

Tecknicoleur designs
Hill torch ventures
Bookoo
Omoge black
Unlimited Works
Rebirth media
Mayday graphics

MEDIA Partners -
Thisday Glitz
Fabulous Magazine
Bella Naija
Elan
234next
STV
Beat FM
Mitre Magazine
Top Radio
Yada
Future Awards


Mom took closing prayer and that was followed by my interview with STV..I cant wait to watch that on TV!

Book signing was a bit stressful though...the rush was kinda heavy somehow...and it took quality backdrop picture moments from me..buh I stil had fun signing autographs though.

From autographs to pictures
Pictures
Picturesssssssssss

and so it all ended
and so we drove out of VI
and so I find myself back at hooooooome!

Thanks 4 reading...pictures will be up soon

1 comment:

dew said...

Wow!!!! Congrats.