_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Phone calls that matter..

Seriously, writing this book is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Favour has been smiling on me 24/7

I woke up in school this morning to pack my stuffs since someone was coming around to get them home for me, and as I was doing all of that I kept on complaining to myself that I've not received any call this morning as at then.
Then a call finally came in around 10am and behold it was the Head of Marketing for Silverbird Life store calling me to tell me Abuja has been confirmed for July 30 and as to ask if I would be in Lagos on 13th of July as they are expecting the leadership expert/teacher John C. Maxwell at an event they are organising and they would love to feature me on that same event.

I was shocked!!!

It didn't take long again before my Bonnie called me from the UK and it was another call of joy.

On my way out of school I stopped over at the library to submit my project and as I was going out I decide to give an authographed copy of my book to Mr Muyiwa Fadugba - Head of CU Alumni Association, and he was quick to suggest I give the Vice Chancellor a copy as well....but since I was rushing out of school he offered to help me deliver the copy to her in person since he was expecting her to be a part of the meeting he was attending....so I went to get another copy from the bags lodge at the entrance of the library and as I was signing the autograph on the copy I was going to give to her, she walked in!
I gave her a copy, she was excited to see it, she prayed and prayed and prayed for me...she asked if I had given it to the Chancellor...and I proudly said "sure! since the day I got the books" she confirmed if I wrote my phone number on the autograph and it was bye-bye.

I was just about to get off my friend's 406 and Danfo my way home when I got another call...behold...it was Prof Aize Obayan, my Vice Chancellor!
She looooooooved the book!!

less than 48hours to the launch and see what God is doing already!
Planning has been going on smoothly...everything falling in place as expected
To God be glory!

4 comments:

dew said...

good news!!! to GOD alone be all the glory...greater things coming, hang in there!!!

Myne said...

I am very happy for you. I wish I could be there for the launching, all the best!

Tolulope Akanni said...

thanks friends!

Myne, I miss reading ur blog oh...I will be back soon

NakedSha said...

I wish you all the bestestestest of the best!

Remember to let us know how the launch goes!