_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Is it auto or manual?

Are u a non-car owner in need of an alternate means of transportation other than ur everyday commercial bus or okada 4 a short distance ride?
Do u think Okada is actually nt fresh n ure jst 2 proud 2 opt for danfo knowin dat a cab won't work for a 10min drive?
Are u thinking about d dangers ure exposed to during ur brief Okada riide?

Don't get tempted to use Keke NAPEP!


It guarantees u minimal speed and maximum discomfort.

A terrible Keke Marwa trip on the Gowon est - Egbeda link road thought me this. The roads were bad, the tricycle had little or no stamina, my body was pressin hard on the metallic frame of the Keke.....it made no sense! It jst ddnt feel rite payin d guy dat #50



These were d issues I was faced with early ds mornin as I tripped down to my friends house.

Btw, uncle fregs keeps askin "is keke Marwa automatic or manual?"

It was a beautiful visit...really fun n interestin catchin up

My friend's publishin a book dis Sept and trust me, its gonna be mega release....d concept is stunning and yours truly is writing a contributing chapter. I'll give u guys more gist bout it wen he's set 4 d publicity buh trust me, d book's gonna blow ur minds cos we both had d initiative to author books arnd d same time...jst that A-Z had a shorter completion time line.

That was wher I spent my entire day!

I got back home arnd 7pm only to surprisingly sit down to a Yoruba movie on Africa Magic Yoruba! I can't explain y buh there was just this interestin twist in d storyline. PHCN was harsh enuf 2 hurt my sudden interest as they did their 'regular'

In no time I was alrdy catchin up on my skye high folks afta a couple of days of disconnection 4rm my BBM, buh dat was soon interrupted as dad told me 2 take sumtn down 2 church.

Gettin 2 church, midweek service was stil on and I didn't want enter. I scanned thru d window n I ddnt c d person, so I gave up and I walked inside d auditorium.

As I strolled in heading 4 comfortable back seat I was hoping to seat on.......
The voice on d mic went...
"Thank God Tolu just walked in, I was just about 2 quote something from his book; in his book, he said there r 4 kinds of persons u woiuld come across in dis life...."
My Pastor quoting my book?

It was a humbling moment for me as I remembered d scriptures ".....out of d mouth of babes....."

I'm happy he found d book relevant though after my conversation with him on Sat when he was questioning d title of d book n all.

My visit to d church dat Saturday also got me running into some guy who was advising me to come out my shell n talk more often in public (my church) and he just kept on n on n on.....that he's really surprised to hear I have book....."u knw, u can actually use dis platform to develop urself 2 knw hw 2 speak 2 a group of ppl" he said

And I shook my head as I said to myself "knowledge is power....if only he had a sneak peak of my CV"

I enjoy d dual personality thing sha
One of d earliest tins I learnt about Oral Roberts was dat many wonder how he could be a melancholic in hs everyday life but just transists into a sanguine during ministrations and I held on to that and I'm still holding on to that.

My innermost man calls it "proud humility"


Still ahead
-2 birthday parties to be hosted by El Fiz events....
-Only a matter of days till I hit d city of Abuja

Don't stop reading cos u'l definitely keep getting inspired.
Catch ya 2mrw!



Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Proud humility. (Y)
Thumbs up!

NakedSha said...

...if only he had a sneak at your C.V.

Harry said...

Nice post ere...