_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Talk to my friend

so I've missed soooo many juicy stuffs on ur blog...I ws at "confessions" (Tues blog) and took a peep...mehn! I knew I had missed.
being going through sch stuff, stress and all...a course I failed has been hunting me and slowing me down...just not been myself.
and PLEASE I need you to write something for me...PLEASE...ur blog did a lot of good last semester...having the toughest courses and passing them while reading blogs evryday....I just need a word...a scripture...I'm fading...like seriously...but I want to get back.




In response I said:
"Hmmnnn...
I will write sumtn tonite then
I know where this heading, as in I can absolutely relate wit wat ure goin through

The problem is jst a perspective issue
Things changed not because the enviroment changed, but they changed bcos u changed
Hence, success is first within, then without

And bring it down to u
U did not change, ur views only changed
Ur perspective changed
Success was once a 'small deal' in ur eyes
But now its a BIG deal

Hw dd it become a big deal?
U stopped sayin "bcos I had A in physics I can make 'A's in all other courses"
Ur new language is now "because of this unexpected F who knows wat might happen next"

U feel me?
Its just ur perspective that changed!
If u don't believe urself, I believe in u
Success is overrated
Success is cheap!
As long as u pay the price - read ur books
 My Friend will appreciate it if you could share words of encouragement with her...please leave a comment.
Pweeeassee

2 comments:

Myne said...

I wish your friend God's grace and all the best in that stubborn course.

Ifueko said...

I second tolu on the perspective issue but I'm going to look at it the 'perspective issue' from another viewpoint. Sweetheart, what makes any achievement important is not the titles, accolades or grade point average but the process. that you failed, well, stale story, the questions now should be what next?, how next? Whatever hunts you, hunts you only because you let it. Friend, I rejoice with you on your seeming failure because you just won yourself a wider scope of learning but it all depends on your 'perspective' and your choice to apply yourself to the process.
PS:If you didn't have this wonderful opportunity of failing you probably wouldn't have learnt about the power of perspective from tolu (which I just learnt) and you wouldn't be learning now that you're only as 'whatever' as you think yourself to be. Why? because as a man thinketh in his heart so is he. So my dear, position your mind for success, apply yourself to the process and come share your testimony.