_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

No source, no river

A river that disconnects from its source will soon dry up

This discovery is not unrelated to my previous post on 'Synergy' where I went into details of entrepreneurs who forgo their first set of customer for the 'big boys' and soon find themselves crashing. Whereas they could have taken advantage of the satisfaction that the first set of customers derived  as a marketing advantage to effectively reach out to these 'big boys'

When a structure is having cracks or defect of any form, the first thing is to check the foundation.  When there's an electrical challenge, the first thing u do is to check the source!

When we want to discover mysteries behind success, we read up biographies because like I always quote "the secret of men lie in their stories"

So today something I've always known struck me again, and that is the fact that there are a fixed set of things that successful people do daily! 
Motivational writers have tagged it 'success habits' others 'power habits'
These habits are ever powerful and they are not things they just started doing after they became successful, they are things that brought success their way. 
At the John C. Maxwell conference 2 months ago he revealed that there are 5 things he does daily 
Read
Think
File
Ask questions
Write

There's no day he doesn't do all these things, that's why he's yielding results!
He doesn't do these 5things all day, mind u, he does it daily....could be 1hr, 30mins, 5hrs.....he does them daily!

So it being the beginning of a new month, I paid my roots a visit. I went indepth in reviewing the things I did when I started this journey and I found quite a number of interesting stuffs at the root of this me. 

And I made a decision today, I decided to go back to school, I decided to head back to Daystar Leadership Academy (DLA). I was in DLA Sep 2005 just a couple of weeks before I resumed into Covenant University, and those of us that have been privileged to read my book should know what DLA did to my life. 
I need that enviroment again
8-1pm, weekdays for 3weeks @ #7,000 is a simple sacrifice yet a honourable investment. 
I really can't tell why God is laying it in my heart, but I know a surprise package awaits me.

Renewing the source
So that the river stays fresh 

No comments: