_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday showers

This Sunday has been amazing as the heavens showered us into the day with the early morning showers!

As is typical of every other rainy morning, it was much of a task getting out of bed, but I had no choice....anything for God!

The service was refreshing as the pastor launched into a new series on Personal Development, I really didn't enjoy Sunday School like that cos it was barely 15mins into the class when I received a message that I would be the one speaking at the youth's meeting in the evening!

I could remember the coordinator had told me about it way earlier and even though he wasn't sure of the date, I had assured him that "I'm always ready"
It didn't dawn on me until that time, fine I was ready, I have loads of speech-worthy topics hence deciding what to teach on became a big issue!
I love these guys and my heart is always yearning to see how I can help them improve their living standard by provoking their thought pattern, I was ready to teach them all I know, but I had just 40mins to do my thing.
Yet I merged 4 lectures into one and I miraculously delivered it all within a record time of 33mins n there was still room 4 question and answers!!
I had crazy fun sharing my practical experiences with them, I felt that connection....that silence was there....every minute I spent holding that mic meant something to me.
My favourite part was the point when God dropped an inspiration on 'spirituality in d school of success' on me. It wasn't on my script, I didn't think of it previously but it came with the spur of that moment, and it will interest u to know that the person who gave d closing remark said those words went down his spine as I made that illustration.

I feel like God's tool for the hour, a gift to this generation indeed!


Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

No comments: