_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

on CONFESSIONs

It's always funny how we are very knowledgeable but we consider wisdom as the exclusive reserve of the old. If the definition of wisdom are by any chances "the application of knowledge" then maybe wisdom is not as overrated as we perceive it to be.

It is not the knowledge of the truth that sets free, it is the knowledge and application of the truth that sets free.

We attach too much relevance to knowledge while we neglect the 'working knowledge' which is wisdom! That is why third world nations celebrate certificates while world leading nations celebrate discoveries!

I was looking at this knowledge - wisdom thing and I realised how I have not been 'wise' in some of my doings, so I zeroed in on my confessions


Confessions
source: google images
They say
"the future u do not profess, u cannot access"
"ur confession determines ur destination"
and all of the long rhymes

U know I always say it that most of the things I'm experiencing today are things I confessed in the past, they are products of those long hours, short moments that I spent with family and friends discussing 'the dream' and I just looked at it today that if this is something that has always worked why cant I tap into it fully by using it more often than I have ever done.


A mentor was sharing with me 2 weeks ago on effective power habits and one of the things he highlighted was that powerful men make powerful confessions, he told me he makes a 6 page confession on a daily basis before he leaves his home and a line I heard today took me back to the importance of what great things we can command just by the words of our mouth.


With words, the foundation of this earth was laid
God didn't see anything in the present but HE had a picture in mind and everything HE wanted to see, he called forth with his mouth.
It was working like magic
"And God said....and it was..."
"And God said....and it was..."
If indeed we are gods, then
"U can say....and it will be..."

God did not PICTURE the foundations of this world, he SPOKE them into existence. Therefore, even though it is  the mental picture that creates a future, it is the confession of the mental picture that provides the structure for the pictured future.
I have done a good job in the past months expanding my vision, it is time to build on my confession.
My friend, Gbenga Akano can never say anything negative...he's ever positive, no wonder he's commanding so much.
Bishop Oyedepo can never ever make a negative confession...ever optimistic in thoughts and in saying, no wonder he's confessing so much.

So as I start on this journey today, I am inviting you to join me!
I have started writing out the future I want for myself in my journal and as I wake up everyday I will be reading those things out and u will be here to see how things will change.

Write urs this nite, read it daily before u step out of bed.

It's a power habit for the powerful, don't settle for less.

Your confession in your confusion is the conclusion of your condition


--------------------------------------------------
Birthday shout out to the C.E.O of Restruct Consult, Mr Jayeade Aderounmu wish u many more years of greatness

2 comments:

Emmanuel Edunjobi said...

Im gonna tap fully into this from now henceforth...thanks Tolu!

Sucrose said...

Tolu may the Lord bless you real good. This is an inspiring piece. I pray that u'll grow from strength to strength in Jesus name. Peace bro