_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Saturday, November 6, 2010

NYSC diARiES dAY13

Of a truth, I'm always humbled each time someone tells me "I read ur blog" or we have a conversation n they go "I saw that in ur NYSC diaries"

I just wanna say a big thank you to you, I appreciate you a lot.

It feels good to have a voice. There are millions of people worldwide seeking to be heard and when I have u listen to me without making any serious effort to draw ur attention then I'm elated.


I love people
People make NYSC fun for me
I would have gone crazy if I were to be in the midst of total strangers.
The stories I hear everyday, the gists we share, the things we do to squeeze fun out of frustration are the things that keep me going.

I love God
Though not as much as He loves but I love Him in my own way and I just wanna thank Him again on this blog.

There's this frame we had in our house back then, it reads
"GOD IS OUR EVER PRESENT LISTENER"
This one line has subconsciously shaped my relationship with God through the years.
When there's no human to talk to or when what I have to share is too heavy to be shared with any being, I talk to my ever present listener.

The tone of a statement influences the message it passes across
There's a way u simply say
"Give him something"
There's a way u solemnly whisper
"Giiiiive him something"
And that whisper influences the tone of the message

The most powerful msg I've heard in a long while came from my aunt last month.
Old woman in her 70s; she came for my bro's wedding and her parting words left me with a burning confidence.
After she saw my book and all she had showered blessings on me she looked at me in the eyes and went
"Olorun ti sowipe 'bere lowo mi emi o si fifun o' mu gbogbo ohun ini re wa siwaju oluwa ni gbogbo ojo aiye re"

"God has said 'ask and it shall be given unto you' continually bring all of your needs to God for the rest of your life"

She need to have said it to you for you to understand its full effect!


I went to Osogbo, the capital of Osun state yesterday. Not bad but not so good....therz no place like Lagos men
I enjoyed d trip outside camp sha...spent 5hrs @ tantalizers
The routine was fun
Salad- toilet - rice n chicken - sleep - ice cream - sleep - doughnut n meatpie - sleep - more ice cream
Then we left....crazy life jor!

Therz Mr Macho n Miss NYSC pageant tonite. I hope I have fun cos I'm rly not in d mood jare
I've been sleeping all day
Btw, I saw my face in d mirror after 12days yday n d word is 'horrible' I look like a beast!!! U don't wanna c hw much beards I have on my face
I shall shave tomorrow

Catch you later,
Thanks again for reading!

Tolu Fiz Akanee
| thought | written | spoken |
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

No comments: