_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Saturday, November 13, 2010

As NYSC Orientation comes to an end

I'm back!

I returned to Lagos yesterday evening
I returned with mixed feelings and I couldn't find any form of happiness in the last couple of hours I spent in Osun state.
My NYSC posting didnt go as expected...I was anticipating exxonmobil but what I saw was an eye sore
"Ministry of Special duties
TGS/Perm Sec education dist 1 Agege
1, Pen Cinema, Agege"

How can?
What happened?
What went wrong?
Why me?
Not Tolu Akanni

How can I jonz this big?
Too many things were running through my mind as we travelled back to Lagos
I couldn't even talk to anyone in the bus cos apparently everyone else seemed to have gotten encouraging places and for the first time in my life it looked like I was the unlucky one that was left out.
Every other person I know that wanted Exxonmobil got it, so why me?
I didn't even want to leave room for anyone to gimme any form of encouragement, I was angry a plan had failed and that anger was all I wanted for that hour.

So a plan has failed now
As much as I wish this was one big nightmare, it sad to see that I'm awake in the reality of it
I hate failed plans but this one has happened
So I'm back to the drawing board
Back to analysing alternatives
Back to repositioning myself for the best

I wonder what God is up to anyways
I smell His touch all around this...there's something He sees that I'm yet to see but one thing I'm sure of is that "All will be well"

I cant be stranded
I cant suffer
I cant fail
I cant be in want of any good thing

1 comment:

NakedSha said...

I'm so sorry, Tolu. I'm sorry. :(