_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Sunday to you all!

Church service starts in 15mins and I woke up with a different feeling this morning and I've been feeling bad kind of that I've slowed down on blogging in recent times......so here I am trying to correct things.

A lot of things have happened in the last couple of weeks; NYSC camp and the hustle for a good job placement being tops in my life affairs. I've been praying, hoping and trusting God for the best and the heavens smiled on me on Friday as I got two acceptance letters from Total and Schlumberger and a lot of people have been asking "which one are you going for?" "how are you gonna go about it"

I've been confused myself but I think I made up my mind to go for Schlumberger.
I cant exactly point out to specific reasons why I feel Schlumberger is better than Total, but that's just how I feel.
My decision however comes with this latent feeling of "what if after NYSC, Total now offers their corpers a mega post-NYSC pay package?"
Really there's no 100% justified decision so I'll just go with it.

Meanwhile, I have a conviction that Accenture will still pick me, but I wanna remove my mind from Accenture. I love the place the and all, I like the corporate culture, it's consultancy and consultancy is my thing which means it should be a good training ground, yet I'm not sure I want it anymore.
I have a feeling it will interfere with my plans for El Fiz and on the long run, El Fiz that was supposed to be a plan for NOW will be a FUTURE PLAN....I wouldn't want that. I guess I'll rather stick on an engineering 8-5 and have my passion for consultancy haunt me after 5 o' clock.

But I am excited about the turn of things, I can remember telling people that offered me a couple of IT firms while I was still searching for a place that I cant afford to have anything less than a multinational on my CV...
Some people advised I start with the ministry and then see how I can cross over later
Others said "a bird in hand is better than a thousand in the forest"

And I kept on saying "I can't be stranded"
It's a covenant with God...I can't lack any good thing, I cant! Not when my God is still on the throne and I'm excited that God honoured his word in my life.

I trust God to send me a sign before mid night so.............thats it.



I was on the island yesterday for two book readings.
They bullied me to do a book reading at the galleria cos one of the authors weren't there....I didn't just want to do it, but I sensed the act of doing the organiser a favour at that instance will count for something in the nearest future, so I did it to stamp that "I am doing this for you Sir" impression.
However, I said no to the TV interview they had afterwards.

I moved on to Terra Kulture for the celebrity book reading.
Myne Whitman was there! I was so excited to see her and I can tell you she's having fun...somewhere at the back of my mind I always knew her Nigeria book tour will the best so far, cos Nigerians are loving people, we embrace each other and we enjoy celebrating our people.
She's as warm in person as she sounds online and I admire her a lot.


I met Chiedu, great, powerful young man! We had a chat that lasted 30mins or more and I can affirm it that he's a great man. Engineer by day and a creative artist by night.

Chude was also around. And Chude is ever energetic! I've promised to join the future awards team to see how I can contribute to such a great initiative.

I've missed the island gatherings, I've missed mixing with the great and I think I'm back.

I want to make some dangerous..and I mean dangerous statements about the coming year. I want to commit myself to the impossible and I trust God to take me there.
I will share some of my thoughts on that in the coming days

I have to go to church now to dance and appreciate the lifter of my head.


Again I wish you all a Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i like your blog
you sound so enthusiastic

i think i am in cross

i also like your statement 'I can't be stranded'
I also believe i can't be stranded, thanks for your faith.

Myne said...

It was great meeting you too Tolu and I look forward to more from you. Next year will be even greater.

Tolulope Akanni said...

Thanks a lot Tisha, its a pleasure having u around.

Myne, enjoy your stay!