_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Weekend thoughts

It's good to finally get some rest after a long week.

Funny how Monday ended up being my most favourite day of the week. Started with the regular two and a half hour journey to work, plenty to do at work, then I found my way to AAF for a time out with Adaora Mbelu after work.

Even though I got to the event late, I was in time for the question and answer session. Adaora is a very smart young lady, I must say and her CV is just too impressive for her age. She's just 24!

It served as another wake up call for me. Had plenty of small chops to eat and trust me when I say "plenty"! Don't blame me, I was too busy for lunch break and if people like me didn't eat plenty, plenty will waste. Lol
A couple of old faces were at the event, Bede Okoro (celebrity read), Onyeka Nwelue (Blue hills), Nwando (Author of Out of Curiousity), Prince Wale Oreshade (Author of Sad Nectar), Nnaji (Dear Mother) then this Unilag dude that is about to release his first book, a Christian fiction novel (cant remember his name) and a couple of Others.

I also made new friends, Adaora bought a copy of my book, Femi did same and later dropped us home.
Since it was Wale's birthday, we left AAF for the movies to see Battle Los Angeles - first sci-fi movie I was seeing in a very long while. All of the action made it a perfect cinema pick. U might want to see a movie in the company of Wale and Nwando!!! I leave u to find out what ur experience would be like, but I must add that Wale is just a naughty boy!


I've been doing loads of dream work in recent times and I think it's a good thing. I could just sit down for minutes putting things together in the invisible realm and I have loads of fun doing it. But often times when I tell people that, they see me as a joker; I leave time to judge anyways.
We are getting there!

Sent from my iPod

No comments: