_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 memories

Looking back all I can do is to allow my tears flow freely as I think deeply into the events of 2010. God did turn my life around, he took me into palaces to dine with kings and princes, he took me from my 'nobody' state and gave me a name.
The oil of favour was flowing endlessly upon my life in this 2010 and I don't think there's anything I can do that can be enough to thank and appreciate God for what He has done for me this year!
This is not the me that ended 2009, but God stepped in and stirred up a paradigm shift.

I appreciate God for my final year in school
I thank him for my academics.....I struggled to read for my finals cos there was no motivation
Some time in March I thought I would find love and finally settle in a relationship, but that moment never came. 
My project was a pain in the neck
I had to combine preparation for a book launch with my academics
I wept on my 21st birthday as the dummy of my book was dedicated to God....my friends kept on saying "dreams come true" and little did I know that it was just the beginning. 
I remember the 1hour prayer sessions we used to have 6-7pm daily. Sweet hours of prayer!!!! I would go there daily and pour it all out on God, I would tell him of my fears, my hopes, my aspirations and every other issue.
The journey that started 17th October 2005 had ups and downs, yet God saw me through and I bagged my B. Eng on 2nd July, 2010



2nd July, 2010 started a new chapter of my life as my first book, A-Z Life lessons was already in mass print and it sold its first copy that day......copies had been sold even before I help a copy in my hands. I can never forget the moment I held the book in my hands, it felt like a delivery hour when a mother would hold her new born in her arms and flow with tears of joy......Lord, I thank you for your blessings
A-Z Life lessons sold 200 pre-launch copies that weekend

9th July, 2010 Lagos welcomed my book as it was launched at Terra Kulture. That was the best evening of my life......watching the video of that event sets me in a unique realm.
Of no doubt, God has been with me....He simply picked on me to favour me
13th July 2010, I was sitting on the high table with international speaker and leadership expert, John C. Maxwell at a book reading at Silverbird galleria Lagos.
25th July I was featured in a national daily as one of the authors to be featured in the first ever Bookjam in Abuja
30th July, it was Abuja receiving me......great reception, the audience loved my work and they were just fascinated.
31st July, my first time on Radio. FRCN Abuja
26th August, I was on Rhythm 93.7 FM lagos

27th August, my first time on TV.....I was featured on Today on STV in a 15min interview
That day was like my birthday! Phone calls and msgs kept on rolling "we proud of u" "congrats" 
And just like I'm doing right now, the tears flowed freely that day!

28th August, another bookjam feature in Silverbird Lagos


September 2010. Y! Naija website published me as "the next big thing" featuring an exclusive interview I had with their columnist

So many speaking platforms, where I gladly shared fresh insights!
October 2010. My desired NYSC posting to Lagos clicked!
26th October I was in Ede, Osun state -my father's place of birth - for the 1st time in my life, all thanks to NYSC

12th November. Depressing day for me as the 3wk NYSC orientation ended as I was posted to serve in the Ministry of special duties as against the Exxonmobil I've always wanted. 
In the weeks that followed, I was all out to get a better job anywhere I could get it from. It was a trying period for me, but I was never in doubt about the outcome cos I always knew I would have the last laugh. 
After 2wks of job hunting, Total offered me a placement.....and on the same day Schlumberger came knocking. Couple of days later, it was Accenture!
From zero level, God presented me with 3 options

December 7 I resumed work at Schlumberger

31st December and you're still reading my blog :)
My most prized asset remain the friends I have kept through the years.....thank you for being a friend!


I couldn't have planned for a year this great
This is not paper work
This is not goal setting
This is no thinking big
This is the hand of God


[Singing]
All glory must be to the Lord
For He is worthy of my praise
No man on earth should give glory to Himself
All glory must be to the Lord


This is my story
This is my song
Praising my saviour
All the day long
----i-------



See you all in the new year :)
2011 belongs to those who have the hand of God upon them. 
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

1 comment:

ajayi eyitayo ore said...

thank God for everything and the Grace that was given