_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Window shopping

I went window shopping today, and since I left the store my thought pattern has not been the same

I went window shopping today, and since I left the bookstore my thought pattern has not been the same.

Too much has been written
There's too much to be read
Yet there's still much more to be written
And there will always be much to read

I have resolved to read plenty of books this year and I was going to start with Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's "This child will be great" but they didnt have it in Lagos' biggest bookshop....I didnt even go with the cash anyways, but I have prepared a list of must-reads for this 1st quarter of the year. Most of the titles I love are the expensive ones...these fresh fresh authors sef.

Some of my ideas are about to grow, there's a new project I just started with my friends..I would be glad to share more details as things become more concrete.

Speaking on ideas n dreams, I have realised that the room is always full when its time to talk the dream, but there are only a few on the field when its time to work the dream.

People are too lazy to push their dreams into reality, they give in at the slightest resistance, don't let that attitude follow you into this new year...dust it off. I have come to realise that there is a sort of stubborness that is common to most achievers

I leave you with the words of Josh Billings
"Be like a postage stamp, stick to one thing until you get there"

2 comments:

*Michael Onobote* said...

True talk man. The year looks very +ve from all indications.

deddyboy said...

Post a list of the books you intend to read this quarter, i will love to see them. cheers