_

Tolu Fiz Akanee is a thinker, writer and speaker; the author of A-Z Life lessons

Friday, August 6, 2010

Like a Prophet...

I like to see myself as a prophet because the things I mostly speak always find expression in time. My mind strayed toward some of the things I wrote before grad and a particular piece I wrote which I titled "FLIGHT SERIES III : The 7 lessons" kept on ringing in my mind, so I reached out for it and I read through again and I realised that the information, the light and the wisdom in that piece is very well relevant. 
That piece was summarised into 7 lessons and all of the lessons in that piece are very well essential, and if only those who read it months back can still remember what they read and believe, they wont't have to question life the way they are doing right now. (confirm it by reading again here)

I was privileged to be bored this afternoon so I took a stroll in the evening in search of what I don't know and somehow I ended up with two friends, and if you know me so well you would now that those are my favorite moments - moments when I get to discuss with friends.

Thinking through most of the things I said in the course of our 3hour hangout I have come to realise that I've learnt a lot since I left school, I have successfully expanded my horizon (to a certain extent). My investment in knowledge  is already paying off! I love my life the most when discussions come up and I'm able to dole out tons of fresh information to the people I'm conversing with.

Most times when I sign autographs I like to use these words

KNOWLEDGE IS THE NEW WORLD CURRENCY,
I HOPE THE KNOWLEDGE IN THIS BOOK WILL ENRICHEN YOU

knowledge is WOW
That's how best I can define it. "knowledge is WOW"
It keeps you fresh and if only we can spend the hours we use in chatting, facebooking toward a better cause such as knowledge acquisition, we will find more meaning to life.
I'm still in the middle of the best book I've ever read in my life, it's a psychology text and the beauty of the book is that I've been able to apply the principles in practical terms and it has produced immediate result; it's automatic.
Every now and then I get articles from Forbes and I see what young millionaires, billionaires around the world are up to and I put my life in check.
Our generation is so blessed with information that you can afford to not have a personal plan for life, just pick a role model, walk in his steps and you will produce his kind of results.
Our world is based on models, individuals like me are privileged to live in Nigeria where ignorance rules and I've done my best thus far to use this to my advantage...it has paid off and there's more to come!
It's as simple as some can't get richer until some get poorer....don't question it, simply pick sides and live with it.

Tonight, I'm just reflecting on how very easy it is to be successful in this country
People just need to keep remaining too busy to get informed
They need to keep roaming around with their big bags of excuses
And too humble to be successful

I've tried my best to teach pride to the world and it's been too difficult, some people are soooo humble that they cant utter the words "I am very rich and successful"
Some people need to get how I could present and package myself to men with so much pride and yet I roll and weep like a child before my God
He told me he has placed me as prince upon the earth so I have to move with liberty because it is my father's house
I came to discover how Forbes highlighted 'pride' as a characteristic that is common to all world's great. Though they don't always call it pride but it's pride
I came across hoe Mike Adenuga's grandmother marvelled at the 'pride' with which Mike saw a flying air craft as a 7year old and he told his grandma he will own one someday.
I looked at what drove men lik Dr. David Oyedepo to achieve things at the speed of light and I see how they commit their 'ego' (stil pride) to producing results.
I looked at what it took world greats like Bill Gates to say "damn school, I can make it big without a degree."
I looked at what it took 'insane' black men like Barrack Obama to dream of ruling a nation dominated by whites
and I said, in all of these things persons must have told them "this pride will take you no where"

I remember days when I would go to God and tell Him "people are telling me I am too proud and that you will soon destroy me"
Then I came across a teaching on how to turn weaknesses to strengths, I saw how cigarettes were used to relieve cocaine addiction, and how from cigarettes addicts could switch to a softer substance and BOOM!
I started using my 'pride' weakness as strength for producing results, I started committing my pride to targets "I will read 3 books in 1 week" "I will get a job in 2 months" and all of those things and the way results were coming started to look magical. I came to realise that there are really no weaknesses, what we call weaknesses are abused strengths; if you don't know how to manage your strength, it becomes a weakness.


Boredom caused me to think about too many things today
I saw how I will soon evolve as an ambassador to the Nigerian youth
I thought about how great men lost it due to poor choice of life partners
I saw how "Tolulope Akanni" will just emerge way higher than anyone is anticipating right now
I thought about the many reunion gatherings to come in 5, 10, 20, 30years from now
I saw how the dreams of me and my friends came to realisation
I saw top goverment officials consulting us, I saw presidents of nations running after us for counsel
I saw how these things never make sense when you first mention it to people and how they will rather wait to see it happen before they say "WOW...this is awesome"
I saw too many things.....and the conclusion is 
I AM SOLD OUT TO SUCCESS, DON'T I JUST INSPIRE YOU?

5 comments:

*Michael Onobote* said...

*speechless* but then again I say "I'M RICH AND SUCCESSFUL". have to rethink some things...

Oritseweyinmi Okediji said...

I think u shud be more privileged to be bored..cos dis seems to b d peak of ur inspiration. Dis is highly inspiring...so much for a recap

Tolulope Akanni said...

Thanks guys!

Unknown said...

this is good man keep it up. God is with you

Tolulope Akanni said...

Ola, I'm glad ure impressed
I say Amen to ur prayers